Back to Message Board . . To Next Most Recent Message

Re: I Just Had PF Surgery

Posted by Marianne on 11/20/98

I had my surgery performed on October 20. I couldn't walk at all the first week but I have gradually been coming around. I've been home for the past five weeks and am scheduled to return to work on November 23. While I no longer have pain in my heel as I did previously, I have some soreness in my foot and numbness on the left side. I'm hoping that the soreness is due to the fact that I had so much difficulty walking with the crutches that I was putting all my weight on the side of my foot when I first started walking again. Since I have to be on my feet quite a bit at work, surgery was my only option. I has 3 cortisone shots and also had 12 sessions of physical therapy but none of that worked. My doctor said that he will send me for more physical theraphy if the pain persists. I feel like I've been cursed with this. I developed this problem last year in October and it has progressively gotten worse since then. I also have a spur in my right foot but I have no pain their. My doctor gave me these gel heel pads to put in my shoes and I just bought a new pair of New Balance sneakers because I read that they were the best for people with spurs.

Keep me posted.

114.newark-21-22rs.nj.dial-access.att.net 17:50:43

Follow Ups To This Message:

Post A Followup To This Message:

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Modify the subject heading below to summarize your response.
Subject:
Comments: