Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

lee enthusiastic

Posted by scott on 4/17/98 at 20:53 (000007)

I got them in the mail today. They don't seem that great.

Re: ESWT Recovery Time

Barbara N on 2/19/05 at 23:21 (169476)

I had the high energy shock wave treatment last Sept. 29th. for a heel spur in my right ft. I am worried that I am going to be one of the few patients that this is not going to work for, because I can only still take one moderate walk per day with my dogs, and if I do more with just the ordinary walking that one has to do, I get a flare up. I am getting impatient, and am wondering if I should get a second opinion? I had the low energy shock wave therapy on my left ft. last year at another doctor's, and after a period of at least 6 months, it did work. My insurance (Blue Cross) didn't cover anythng except the high energy treatment this time. It was very painful. I wonder if some damage was done? How much longer should I wait before gettng a second opinion?

Barbara

Dr. Z on 2/20/05 at 09:04 (169488)

Barbara,
You may need a second treatment. I would discuss this will your treating doctor. If you would like to discuss with Dr. Z feel free to e-mail me at (email removed)

JANDJ on 7/23/05 at 01:39 (178905)

My boyfriend had ESWT treatment, high level I believe on 6/21/05. He had a history of pain for over 5 years. He is on short term disability leave and has a job working on his feet, often for 12 hours or more a day. The procedure was very painful for him, despite local anesthesia injections. At 5 weeks now, he is doing limited activity and some walking and still experiencing pain. The podiatric surgeon feels he may be able to go back to work and has commented on the fact that many people recover quickly. We feel that more time to rest and heal is needed and wonder what your experience has been since you posted here. Thank you
JandJ