Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RUPTURED PLANTAR FASCIA/FALLEN ARCH

Posted by MERLYN on 5/07/98 at 18:05 (000122)

RUPTURED PLANTAR FASCIA, COMPLICATED WITH FALLEN ARCH. ANY HELP FOR ME?

Re: RUPTURED PLANTAR FASCIA/FALLEN ARCH

Shaira on 5/07/98 at 18:19 (000124)

Merlyn, don't panic. All of us here are in the same 'shoes' as you. Many people are trying glucosamine/chondroitin, check out their responses, I would also say get a foot massager machine as well ($$), expensive but worth it. Also make sure you have orthotics in your shoes and you may need a bigger size, check out the product listings on this web site. I've actually gotten a lot better from following the 'advise' here.

scott r on 5/07/98 at 19:20 (000125)

a ruptured fascia with a fallen arch is a serious structural change. I do not think that the sulfates or massaging will help very much.

Lots of tape, orthotics, maybe a heel pad, and above all a great and caring doctor are the only things I could suggest.

Merlyn on 5/08/98 at 14:27 (000129)

I have PF both feet with ruptured plantar and collapsed arch. I've tried everything to no avail. I'm only 47 and crippled up...at one point I asked them to take the foot. I doctor at the U OF IOWA...they say I fall thru the cracks

lpmoody on 9/17/98 at 13:28 (001893)

how do you know if you really have a fallen arch? for me it started on tuesday afternoon-it hurts only when i walk. when i rub or try to massage my foot i don't feel anything-only when i walk. when i raise my foot a little while i walk it doesn't hurt. i'd appreciate your opinion about this. thank you for your time