Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE PF, BUT I'M NOT SURE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Posted by Daren Baird on 3/10/98 at 21:16 (000345)

I am training for my first half-marathon. I have done runs of 7-8 miles several times, but as I was doing a 12 mile run last Saturday I felt a sharp, quick, intense pain on the bottom of my foot at about mile 5. The pain went away as quickly and I had no other problems until about mile 10 when it felt like I had a cramp in the sole of my foot. I ran through it but ever since then I have had a sharp pain in the bottom of my foot. I ran again on Monday, and it hurt at the beginning of the run, but the pain went away at about the fisrt mile and didn't bother me much after that. It seems that with activity it 'warms up' and doesn't hurt too much, but after activity, or when it 'cools down' it hurts to even walk at times.
Does anyone have any suggestions at to wheather I might have PF or not? Please post responses here or email me. Thanks
Daren

Re: I THINK I MIGHT HAVE PF, BUT I'M NOT SURE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Steve on 4/07/98 at 09:40 (000526)

You need to try the new Arch*Rite. I did and I am also back to training with no pain. You can wear these and not lay off the running. I had to quit running and basketball but now with the Arch*Rites I can do whatever I want whenever I want. They cost about $20 from United American Medical @ 1-800-521-5002 Good Luck and let me know how you come out. I am training for the Indianapolis Mini- Marathon myself.

Re: I THINK I MIGHT HAVE PF, BUT I'M NOT SURE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Steve on 4/10/98 at 08:53 (000558)

I know I tried the Arch*Rite and I trained right through lots of different events. I run,play basketball,play raquetball and I still was able to get rid of PF. Just put them on in the morning and take them off at night and hopefully in less than 30 days you will be pain free like me. I had to crawl to the bathroom in the mornings. After your pain goes away wear them for preventative measures when you are in a foot stressing event. They are available from United American Medical @ 1-800-521-5002 and I do not have anything to do with the company even though at some point I would like to sell them. These have been tested by the podiatrists and they also sell can sell them.