Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I fixed My PF myself despite the doctors and they love it

Posted by Steve on 4/07/98 at 09:58 (000527)

I trained for the World Championships in the Half Ironman triathlon and got PF so bad that all my friends and doctors told me I could either quit running or buy orthodics. I said no way. So I set out on a Journey to fix my own problem. I did it using a new material on the market and some new low profile hook. All it is is a flexible type of elastic that goes around the foot and it keeps the plantar tendon tight. That is the problem you know. When you start to lose your arch this is when this problem occours most often.

I developed this and in less than 30 days my problem was gone. I used to play basketball and other things also. But, I found that my feet hurt so bad I gave it all up. I am happy to say that I am back to doing anything and everything I want Pain Free. You can get these from United American Medical @ 1-800-521-5002. They cost about $20 or you can get them through your podiatrist to have your insurance cover the cost.

Directions: I put them on in the mornings and took them off at night. Now I only wear them when I am being hard on my feet. They are to be worn under your sock and fit comfortably in your wingtips or tennis shoes or docksider or whatever except high heels.

Let me know if you try a pair and give me your story.

Re: I fixed My PF myself despite the doctors and they love it

Ed on 4/08/98 at 14:16 (000539)

How does it work? Is it supporting or holding the arch up? How is it better than an Ace bandage? Do you do anything at night to prevent pain first thing in the morning?

scott r on 4/08/98 at 16:19 (000541)

Steve appears to be advertising his company's product (archrite).

Paul Bates on 4/08/98 at 19:16 (000542)

I,ve tried everything else what the hecks a few more bucks at this point:) Maybe he'll offer a money back guarentee? would,nt that be nice. On a more serious note I hope it does work, I'll know in a month or so.

eileen on 4/09/98 at 18:03 (000547)

If this arch support that steve says works, how about using a one peice ace type wrap that is sold in local pharmacies to support ankle and wraps around the bottom of the foot. They come in various sizes. It would support the arch area and ankle also. I think I may try this as on a day that my plantar faciitis seems to act up I also get pain that radiates up the inner ankle on one foot. Of course that is still wearing orthotic and reebock dmx which give me the best support. I will keep every posted if this works.

Steve on 4/10/98 at 06:43 (000554)

Ed:
It does hold up the arch all day. You don,t do anything at night. Just do what I did and hopefully in less than 30 days your problem will be gone. This product will not deform like ace bandages do or mine did not. Steve

Steve on 4/10/98 at 06:46 (000555)

Thats a good idea and I tried it. The only problem I had with that was that it was not adjustable. This is and it is a one size fits all. Good luck. and,try the ankle and foot support and see what I mean. It will after a few washes in the washer will be all deformed and will stretch out.

Steve on 4/10/98 at 08:40 (000557)

Scott suggests I have an interest in United American Medical. The truth is I do not and that is verified by calling them. I hope if I had cancer and someone out there cured their cancer I hope to God they would not keep it to themselves as it seems Scott wants us to do.
I am passionate about this because it hurts and I have been an athlete all my life and it was robbing me of a lot of my competition. I wrote scott and thanked him for the idea though. So, on his suggestion I am going to try to work out a deal where I can sell them. Since I am a salesman anyway I figure--what the heck.

EILEEN on 4/10/98 at 17:46 (000562)

STEVE, I PURCHASE A ANKLE/ARCH SUPPORT THAT IS MADE OUT OF A VERY THIN ELASTIC TYPE MATERIAL THAT IS MADE FOR ARTHRITICS FOR SUPPORTS,IT IS MADE FOR LONG TERM USE. IT COMES IN 3 DIFFERENT SIZES DEPENDING ON ANKLE SIZE. IT IS A MORE DURABLE MATERIAL THAN THOSE USED FOR SUPPORTING ANKLE SPRAINS.
IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE TO WEAR AND SUPPORTIVE AND FITS PERFECTLY, AND COST TEN DOLLARS FOR ONE. IT FEELS GREAT ON AND SUPPORTS THE ARCH AND ANKLE WELL, BUT I DO NOT FEEL THIS IS A CURE ALL.