Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Why the left foot??

Posted by Marie on 4/09/98 at 22:28 (000552)

Has anyone else noticed that the majority of us with PF, have it in the left foot, or that, the pain is worse in the left foot. Would like to hear if anyone has any information as to why this is.

Re: Why the left foot??

cindy on 4/19/98 at 18:03 (000015)

Well...I have it in both feet, but it started in the right, and has always been the worst there. I thought it was because I was right handed and tended to put more weight or pressure on that side of my body than the left. Interesting...

LindaG on 4/19/98 at 18:38 (000018)

I'm left handed and my left foot is the worst. The right isn't far behind. My whole left side including my neck is messed up because i have walked anyway I can for the last 2 years. I'm doing physical therapy, acupuncture, massage, orthotics, burks, SAS, icing, and the list goes on.... and on and on... My massager is under my computer desk so I use it regularly.. I get almost total relief for a few minutes everytime I use it.

mike on 4/19/98 at 20:59 (000019)

I have found that massaging my L foot heel with a hard rubber ball can make a lot of difference. My son has a hard super ball about the size of a pecan. It has worked wonders. It has worked much better than the $400 orthotics. I have had this for about 8 mo. This has been the best treatment thus far. It is painful massage but the kind that sorta feels good. Try it.

Kimberly on 4/15/98 at 18:18 (000587)

I have had plantar faschitis now for about 6 months. I have had cortisone injections and now the foot doctor is recommending orthodics. I also have the pf in my left foot and I have to stand on my feet all day because I am doing student teaching. I think the whole problem began from walking on the treadmill.