Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone else familiar with PF and working retail? Veterens, share your links!

Posted by Sherri (Hi there, I'm new!) on 5/25/98 at 00:05 (000630)

I've got PF in both feet, and am faced with the quandry of having to work as many hours as possible to pay the bills and the prohibitive pain of this condition. It's a bind! ANd I'm not sure what to do.

Tho I've been hurting for many months, i was only diagnosed about three weeks ago. (i kept thinking it would go away, silly me)

The Doc put me on 2 weeks 2400 mg of ibuprofen a day, and i got birkenstocks to wear at home and swap with my shoes, for which i scrounged a set of the hard spenco inserts. This helped, along with the ibuprofen! and reducing my walking as much as possible. But I cant stay off my feet! And i cant stay on the ibuprofen and still have a liver.

I am looking for advice to augment my doctors advice on what others have done in similar situations. IF anyone knows of good links or resources for this type of yakking, please let me know.

Nice to meet ya'll!

-sherri

Re: Anyone else familiar with PF and working retail? Veterens, share your links!

Sue on 5/25/98 at 11:06 (000632)

I don't work in retail, but I'm on my feet a lot. I found SAS Freetime walking shoes to help, along with custom orthotics.
They're expensive, but worth it in my opinion. They look nice
enough to wear with good slacks. They have a high toe box, which gives more room for orthotics. My doctor also recommended Soft Spots Supremes and Rockport Prowalkers as well as the SAS Freetime. It's just a matter of what feels most comfortable.

I also have found Birkenstocks Arizona's to help.

Re: Anyone else familiar with PF and working retail? Veterens, share your links!

Paul on 5/25/98 at 12:44 (000633)

Out of all the shoes i,ve tried including various running shoes I have had the best results with Doc Martens, tried birks they did nothing for me, seems like what wworks for some does,t work for others trail and error can get pretty expensive, you'll get good info from this message board. Good luck!