Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 months post op PF surgery

Posted by Lyn on 6/05/98 at 19:28 (000716)

I had conventional PF surgery March 12th. I would say that I'm am almost 90%. I have almost no pain in the foot. None in the heel, but
some in the foot as my foot adjusts to the new dynamics. I have been able to walk for exercise without pain. I would do it again. Not all surgeries are painful or have a long recovery time. I think it depends on the doctor or podiatrist and how much you rest the foot during recovery.

Re: 3 months post surgery

el j on 10/11/99 at 00:00 (011639)

I am 3 months post op partial release surgery on both feet. I am also in physical theraphy learning the best ways to stretch and exercise the feet. I too feel extremely well..it is wonderful to sometimes forget about your feet and be able to live a normal life! I will start my walking program on Tuesday. I have not been able to do that without pain in a over a year. I have started to ride a stionary bike and exercise. It does take a long time to completely recover...but the recovery for me has been 100% less painful and disabling than the PF in both feet!! I keep posting on the board to let people know there are some success stories when agressisve PF treatment is used!!
Prior to surgery I tried low carbs, many different shoes (birks etc) stretches, ice, rest, alternative meds etc. and nothing worked. My orthopedic surgeon said the problem was with the inflamed facia in the foot and when the problem was corrected...the foot should mend. I had nothing to lose, I did everything he told me to do after surgey (walking casts for 3 weeks, meds, custom orthotics, supportive shoes ice, rest) and so far he has been right. If asked if I would do it again....absolutely!!

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011699)

my hat is off to you for doing both feet at once. how did you do that?

el J on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011716)

John, it really was no problem to get them both done at the same time. They were both useless at the time I made the decision. Since I was in a walking boot after surgery it took the pressure off both feet and I felt better than I had in a year!! I could take the boot off while sitting and sleeping. The challenge was walking on those puppies after the boot was off. I must admit it was easier than I thought it would be.

el j on 10/11/99 at 00:00 (011639)

I am 3 months post op partial release surgery on both feet. I am also in physical theraphy learning the best ways to stretch and exercise the feet. I too feel extremely well..it is wonderful to sometimes forget about your feet and be able to live a normal life! I will start my walking program on Tuesday. I have not been able to do that without pain in a over a year. I have started to ride a stionary bike and exercise. It does take a long time to completely recover...but the recovery for me has been 100% less painful and disabling than the PF in both feet!! I keep posting on the board to let people know there are some success stories when agressisve PF treatment is used!!
Prior to surgery I tried low carbs, many different shoes (birks etc) stretches, ice, rest, alternative meds etc. and nothing worked. My orthopedic surgeon said the problem was with the inflamed facia in the foot and when the problem was corrected...the foot should mend. I had nothing to lose, I did everything he told me to do after surgey (walking casts for 3 weeks, meds, custom orthotics, supportive shoes ice, rest) and so far he has been right. If asked if I would do it again....absolutely!!

john h on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011699)

my hat is off to you for doing both feet at once. how did you do that?

el J on 10/13/99 at 00:00 (011716)

John, it really was no problem to get them both done at the same time. They were both useless at the time I made the decision. Since I was in a walking boot after surgery it took the pressure off both feet and I felt better than I had in a year!! I could take the boot off while sitting and sleeping. The challenge was walking on those puppies after the boot was off. I must admit it was easier than I thought it would be.