Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

any feedback from glucosamine users

Posted by missy on 6/15/98 at 09:02 (000770)

anyone have success with the glucosamine sulfate? feedback greatly
appreciated. peace
!

Re: any feedback from glucosamine users

Rita on 6/15/98 at 12:05 (000771)

Missy,
YES
I have had great results. I've only lost a few pounds, not enough to make a difference, I have changed my shoes. I'm wearing shoes with much better support (Dexters, Rockports,Easy Spirit, etc.).
But my heel spurs rarely bother me and never to the point where I cannot walk anymore or even limp. I attribute my recovery to Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfates. I have been taking them now for about 3 months. I take 1,000 to 1,500 mg each day, even on the days I forget and only take 500 mg. my feet feel great. I feel like I should be on the payroll of the vitamin companies, because I recommend them to anyone I hear of with joint pain or arthritis. The only negative I've heard about them is for people with diabetes. These products are ammino sugars and are produced naturally in the body, but diabetics must ask their Dr. before the take them.
I heartily recommend you try them. They are expensive. I have found The Vitamin Shoppe to be the best price. If there isn't a Vitamin Shoppe around you, try their mail order catalog. I just purchased a bottle of 120 pills for $24.95.
Good luck.:)
Rita

Barb on 6/15/98 at 16:33 (000776)

The best price for the Glucosamine and Chondrotin pills is at Sam's Warehouse, associated with Walmart. They come to about 18 each. Even using coupons at most stores this is still the best price.

Shaira on 6/17/98 at 14:44 (000787)

I've been using glucosamine and chondroitin (more expensive, from Solgar) and I'm pretty happy with it. I've also started taking 'Bone-up' for vegetarians (in the health food store as well).

However, I am NOT pain-free, but definitely Better. I still have pain in my feet. I definitely recommend it to all pf-ers out there.

Bill on 10/13/98 at 16:37 (001956)

What brand of glucosamine & chondroitin are you using. I am looking at the vitamin shoppe site and have no clue on which to buy. There are so many.

I just got my first cortisone shot in both heels. Not feeling real comfortable right now. :-) I have done stretches, anti-flamatory drugs. Going on 10 months of pain now. If this shot doesn't work, I may try this glucosamine & chondroitin.

Bill