Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain at the back of my heel

Posted by Ryan Chase on 7/01/98 at 13:38 (000899)

I am trying to determine if I have PF or not. My pain is similar in that it hurts in the morning and when I haven't moved my ankle for awhile. The pain occurs in the back of my heel though, not in the area that it is supposed to. If it is not pF does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

I went to the doctor and he told be to take ibuprophen and to rest. He did not diagnose PF at that time but perhaps he's never heard of it, I think I should find a new doctor.

I have started stretching more and have started taking anti-inflamitories and Vitamen C.

I was making a lot of progress in my running, up to 3.5 miles a day from barely being able to run 1 mile, when the pain started about 3 months ago. I would like to start running again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Pain at the back of my heel

Paige on 7/21/98 at 21:21 (001043)

It could be achilles tendonitis, which I've heard can mimic the symptoms of plantar fasciitis. Sometimes they occur together, so it may be hard to tell. Watch out for overstretching the achilles.