Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New to the site.

Posted by Trudi on 7/11/98 at 00:11 (000962)

I have been reading everybodies messages for over an hour now. I don't know whether to be encouraged or discouraged. I have had PF for over a year. I have tried the stretching, the inserts, the shots, the medication, and still I am in agony whenever I walk. I am a bartender and on my feet for 8 hours a day. I have very good shoes, and custom orthotics, but they hurt my feet. The over-the-counter ones do not help much either. I am going to try and find some of the shoes mentioned in the letters. Sometimes it is difficult to find these items in Alaska. Thank you for the web site info. I just wanted to say thanks and that it is great to be able to share w/someone who has been there. I tell people that my feet hurt, but I know they have no concept of what I mean. It's just nice to have people that can empathise with you. (I had a Dr. give me a prescription for Prednisone for an asthma problem--the pain in my feet completely disappeared. However, the side effects are high and they won't prescribe this for more than a week or so. Has anyone heard of anything that is similar, but not so toxic?)