Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

More Pain After Using Arch Supports

Posted by Carol(Ont.) on 8/15/98 at 19:44 (001331)

I bought some arch supports in the drugstore and wore them in my Nike Air runners and walked for a little while. I had more pain today then I've had in weeks. Is this normal, perhaps due to a break in period. it said 24-48 hrs. on the box. I'm leery of wearing my shoes but don't want to waste the money either. Should I persevere and hope it gets better?? Thanks.

Re: More Pain After Using Arch Supports

Galend on 8/15/98 at 20:13 (001332)

I have experienced increased pain after using arch supports and even worse with heel cups (several varieties tried per Dr. suggestion.) If I wear the arch supports for a short time and then remove them, it seems to help stretch the arch and allow me to wear my New Balance shoes (personal favorites for athletic shoes) for a short while. Even so, I can not wear much else but Birkenstocks...so they are now my stock shoe. I have, by the way, tried knock-offs with little success EXCEPT for the ones from the Land's End catalog. They run around $30 and are very nice...plus, if you are not happy with them they will take them back without a problem!