Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Have been kickboxing for past 8 months, during the past month or so I have noticed that my heels were getting extremely sore during the hour long class

Posted by Vanessa on 9/01/98 at 08:42 (001545)

even though during kickboxing you are almost on your toes. It has gotten to the point (last nite) that I had to stop for a while. Also, for the past 2 weeks my heels are very sore first thing in the morning (for the first few steps anyway).
My question is....can this be heel spurs even though I'm off my heels for the most part when I excersize?

Re: Have been kickboxing for past 8 months, during the past month or so I have noticed that my heels were getting extremely sore during the hour long class

Wayne on 9/01/98 at 21:09 (001558)

Jumping up and down on the ball of the foot will induce heel pain. I'm hitting the site tonight to fnd out what works. Taking a few nights off, wearing good running shoes and not going bare footand stretching seems to help. I've been in Taekwondo for 5 years and have heel pain for the past 2 years. I'm searching surgical outcomes data

Good luck and don't quit the kick boxing, your heel may hurt, but you will live longer!