Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain relief with homeopathic ointment

Posted by Barbara Jordan on 9/02/98 at 12:46 (001574)

I have had PF for almost a year now and like most you have tried lots of remedies. I have customized orthotics, a soft cast I wore for 4 weeks, tried a cortizone shot--none of which seems to have made any difference. I now find that the stretching exercises are crucial to feeling better. I have been going to an acupuncturist (my insurance does cover this at 70%)for about 6 weeks and find that it has not made a big difference other than to perhaps make the pain a little more bearable. The acupuncturist gave me a homeopathic natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic cream called Traumeel and this has worked well for me--especially when the pain is bad. I think it works better than taking the motrin/anaprox types of anti-inflammatories. I have also started Weight Watchers and am enjoying losing the 30 pounds I put on when I quit smoking. After reading the messages posted here I am off to the shoe store again. I find it really difficult to find wide shoes that accommodate orthotics. Anyway, I am still hopeful and determined and love this web-site
! Thank you all for sharing.

Re: Pain relief with homeopathic ointment

Edain on 9/02/98 at 20:32 (001582)

I have had PF for four years and Traumeel works great for me. Anti-inflammatories make me sick, and I don't like the idea of taking pills all the time anyway. Right now I am having regular acupuncture treatments, but I haven't had enough to notice a difference. I've only been 4 times. Just to let you know, Traumeel has a tablet, too. You stick it under your tongue until it dissolves. I've used these also. There's also a trauma oil compound that I've found works well, made by a company called Herb Pharm that I use at night, and for any other ache and pain. It has Olive Oil, Calendula flower, Arnica Flower, and St.John's Wort. Like you, I am trying to lose weight, hoping it will decrease my pain. I am so thankful to find this website. Good luck to you, and Congratulations on quitting smoking
!