Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What Is The Best Workout Shoe?

Posted by Josie on 9/06/98 at 13:09 (001650)

I was recently diagnosed for having PF and have been slowly recovering from my injury. I got it by using cheap shoes (money was tight at the moment) while doing the treadmill at the gym (now I'm realizing that was a BIG and COSTLY mistake!). Now, after weeks off my feet and many anti-inflammatories later, I'm ready to get back on my feet again! What shoes do you recommend for this condition? (I can't imagine myself out there in Birkenstocks!) I only lift weights and walk on the treadmill. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Re: What Is The Best Workout Shoe?

Lisa Chakan on 9/06/98 at 19:17 (001654)

Easy Spirit makes a line of workout shoes Anti-Gravity. A couple of folks have been talking about them so I went today to try a pair on. They were heavenly and I ended up purchasing a pair of cross-train type called All Terrain. Unfortunately, I've got to bring 'em back tomorrow because the shoes are different colors - when I tried 'em on at 6:30 p.m. tonight, the store clerks were so intent on closing up at 7 p.m. that they had already turned off half the lights. I didn't notice that one shoe was a grey/green/brown combo and the other was black/green/brown combo. Under normal lighting conditions, they look good - one foot at a time. But, boy do they feel great!

Oh, I should add that I put a Birkenstock blue insert in them for the added arch support.

Hope this helps.

Re: What Is The Best Workout Shoe?

Rita on 9/06/98 at 21:38 (001661)

I find Reboks to be the best. Bought a pair of Asics that I cannot wear, am going to try an insert in them, but my old Reboks are still going strong. Just walked a whole day at MGM Studios in FL in them, NO PROBLEM