Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shower shoes

Posted by LindaG on 9/07/98 at 22:23 (001690)

Hi - I've been showing in Birkenstocks water proof sandals for two years now. I take them with me if i go on trips. It really helps. It would feel foreign to shower barefoot now. Hope this helps.

Re: Shower shoes..... yes, I know what you mean

Pookie on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017495)

Hi Kim:

Hey, I had wondered if I should do something about my feet cause when I take a bath I can feel my them begging for support. My question is, where can I find orthopedic wet shoes?

Regarding the SAS, it was my orthotics that did not fit. When I went back to return the shoes, one very dissapointed customer, I came out one happy customer. Apparently, I was sold a 1/2 size too big. I got the smaller size, and wamo! IT WORKS! I did have to go back a third time cause I wanted to keep the insoles that come with the shoes. I felt more cushioning with them, so I got wider shoes. I wore them all afternoon, and when I took my sassy SAS's off, my feet were quite O.K. So, I'm a Longhorn SAS gal now, ya' hea' LOL

You know, I must admit, the SAS shoes were not as bad as I thought. What was funny about going to the store is walking down the Isle and seeing lines of 'Free Time' SAS's displayed, like rows of clone shoes but in different colors. I had a flash back of Olive Oil stearing at her closet full of clone dresses, with her stating, 'What should I wear today.' You remember her, from Popeye? LOL

And regarding being like John, not to worry, I appreciate every bit of info/advice I get from everyone. All of you have been so much fun to e-talk to and so much support!!!!!!...........flip flops?, like those you can get at Walgreens for $1.49? Or do you have shower flip flops that are somewhat ortho?

Pookie

Re: Shower shoes and misc.

Kim B. on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017507)

My current shower shoes are a pair of flip flops that are soft formed plastic with several cloth criss-cross strappys that hold them on. I paid about $6 for them last spring at WalMart. Oddly enough their footbed is shaped like a Birkenstocks footbed only softer and made of plastic/foam stuff, very waterproof. I hope they restock this spring, I'm going to buy a few back-up pairs. They were over with the flip flops. They're great. I just leave them in the shower all the time. Check the board, or use the search feature. Keyword ' shower ' will probably bring up a lot of good suggestions.

Glad the SAS situation got worked out. I know what you mean about the cloned up shoes. But now you know what I mean about the selection and service at the SAS stores. They aim to please. I'm wearing wide widths too.

My feet feel better everyday that I use mine. I've had my Freetime walking shoes about 12 days now and feel a little better everyday. I've got a long way to go still. My ankles hurt, and my shins and calves do too, but I believe by finally getting the correct shoe and support system for my feet and arch, it's as if I've stopped some of the ongoing damage I was doing. I can definately feel a reversal of sorts going on where the PF is concerned. I sure it's a combination of many things that have gotten me this far and I realize there may be flair ups still ahead, but at least it's moving in the right direction for now.

Gotta run, not really, gotta go, Kim B.

Lori E. on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017539)

I have not tried flip flops in the shower, but what has worked for me is to roll up wash cloths (like jelly rolls,) and stand on them when I am showering. My PT recommended it. I gives me they extra support I need and you don't need to go out to the store to do this one. Plus you can adjust the amount of support by how much you roll up the cloth. Hope this helps someone.

Pookie on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017495)

Hi Kim:

Hey, I had wondered if I should do something about my feet cause when I take a bath I can feel my them begging for support. My question is, where can I find orthopedic wet shoes?

Regarding the SAS, it was my orthotics that did not fit. When I went back to return the shoes, one very dissapointed customer, I came out one happy customer. Apparently, I was sold a 1/2 size too big. I got the smaller size, and wamo! IT WORKS! I did have to go back a third time cause I wanted to keep the insoles that come with the shoes. I felt more cushioning with them, so I got wider shoes. I wore them all afternoon, and when I took my sassy SAS's off, my feet were quite O.K. So, I'm a Longhorn SAS gal now, ya' hea' LOL

You know, I must admit, the SAS shoes were not as bad as I thought. What was funny about going to the store is walking down the Isle and seeing lines of 'Free Time' SAS's displayed, like rows of clone shoes but in different colors. I had a flash back of Olive Oil stearing at her closet full of clone dresses, with her stating, 'What should I wear today.' You remember her, from Popeye? LOL

And regarding being like John, not to worry, I appreciate every bit of info/advice I get from everyone. All of you have been so much fun to e-talk to and so much support!!!!!!...........flip flops?, like those you can get at Walgreens for $1.49? Or do you have shower flip flops that are somewhat ortho?

Pookie

Re: Shower shoes and misc.

Kim B. on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017507)

My current shower shoes are a pair of flip flops that are soft formed plastic with several cloth criss-cross strappys that hold them on. I paid about $6 for them last spring at WalMart. Oddly enough their footbed is shaped like a Birkenstocks footbed only softer and made of plastic/foam stuff, very waterproof. I hope they restock this spring, I'm going to buy a few back-up pairs. They were over with the flip flops. They're great. I just leave them in the shower all the time. Check the board, or use the search feature. Keyword ' shower ' will probably bring up a lot of good suggestions.

Glad the SAS situation got worked out. I know what you mean about the cloned up shoes. But now you know what I mean about the selection and service at the SAS stores. They aim to please. I'm wearing wide widths too.

My feet feel better everyday that I use mine. I've had my Freetime walking shoes about 12 days now and feel a little better everyday. I've got a long way to go still. My ankles hurt, and my shins and calves do too, but I believe by finally getting the correct shoe and support system for my feet and arch, it's as if I've stopped some of the ongoing damage I was doing. I can definately feel a reversal of sorts going on where the PF is concerned. I sure it's a combination of many things that have gotten me this far and I realize there may be flair ups still ahead, but at least it's moving in the right direction for now.

Gotta run, not really, gotta go, Kim B.

Lori E. on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017539)

I have not tried flip flops in the shower, but what has worked for me is to roll up wash cloths (like jelly rolls,) and stand on them when I am showering. My PT recommended it. I gives me they extra support I need and you don't need to go out to the store to do this one. Plus you can adjust the amount of support by how much you roll up the cloth. Hope this helps someone.