Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain has come back, on the TOP of my foot, HELP !

Posted by Debbie Walker on 9/09/98 at 18:38 (001733)

I was first told by my podiatrist that my left foot has a heel spur on it, and the right foot looked okay. Figured that the pain in my right foot was because I wasn't walking properly. Got the cortizone shot and everything was great for a few weeks. Now I have this pain on the top of my right foot, at the third and fourth toe, and runs along the top of my foot toward my leg. I am waiting for orthotics, and purchased arch supports from the podiatrist to use in the meantime. But now I am really walking strangely, and am developing knee and back pain. So now I am going to go to a chiropractor and back to the podiatrist. Has anyone else had other pains show up when they thought it was under control?? I've always been very healthy and these aches and pains are driving me crazy.
Thank goodness for this message board, its very helpful.

Re: Pain has come back, on the TOP of my foot, HELP !

Pat on 9/09/98 at 22:47 (001742)

At last someone else has pain on top of their foot between their third and fourth toe! This started after my second cortizone shot. My heel no longer hurts, but I have this pain that starts from between my toes and sort of along the side of my foot. I've been thinking that maybe I have a stress fracture because anti-inflammatories don't do a thing for it. My podiatrist thinks I have tendonitis. I am considering returning to the doctor for an x-ray. It seems like I always need to make the suggestions - I think anyone can be a doctor!

Pat on 9/09/98 at 22:53 (001743)

At last someone else has this pain between the 3rd and 4th toes on top of the foot! This pain started after my second cortizone shot. My heel is doing quite well, but this pain on top of the foot, running along the top side, is now driving my crazy. The podiatrist says it is tentonitis, but anti-inflammatories do not help. I'm wondering if I maybe have a stress fracture which I unknowingly got when my heel was hurting. I guess I'll ask for an x-ray next. I think most anyone can be a doctor!

debbie on 9/10/98 at 14:02 (001765)

Pat,
A couple years ago I went to a podiatrist because my heel hurt and I went to him for 3 mos and every time he gave me a cortizone shot. He even told me I could keep going to aerobics, it would interact with the shot and help. I stopped going to exercise and a month later I literally could not walk on my foot and I switched to an orthopedic dr. and the first thing he said was I probably have a stress fracture! They usually don't show up on an xray and I had to have a bone scan and there it was, plain as day. Now I am trying to get rid of this pf, but nothing helps. Acupuncture next week. Debbie

ruth on 9/11/98 at 18:31 (001786)

Is the pain constant or does it stop when you stop walking or standing? If it's intermittant and made worse by walking or standing, you might have a neuroma. Neuromas are non-malignant nerve tumors that are usually located between the 3rd & 4th tarsal and are aggravated when your feet swell. I had one and felt the pain on the top of the foot, it was excruciating. Check it out with your podiatrist.
Best of luck.