Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone tried hypnosis?

Posted by Cindy Burdue on 9/18/98 at 19:23 (001908)

I am going to see a certified counselor that is also a hypnotherapist. Had the first session yesterday. I am hoping to discover any emotional or mental blocks that I may have to healing (its been almost 3 years). And, she's making suggestions to me while hypnotized that I am healing and am pain free, etc. The session was very relaxing - I hadn't been hypnotized previously, and found it to be a great experience, and am looking forward to our session next week. Even if it doesn't help my feet, its kind of like massage, it feels great anyway! I'd be interested to know if anyone else has tried hypnosis and the result?

Re: Anyone tried hypnosis?

roz on 9/18/98 at 19:39 (001909)

Hi Cindy,

I've had two sessions but so far still in pain. He gave me
some subliminal tapes that apparently give the messages
'no pain, no pain'. I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck!
I also just started Active Release Therapy from a chiropractor.

Take care,
Roz

Re: Anyone tried hypnosis?

Barbara on 9/18/98 at 23:47 (001915)

You sound like me-you'll try anything and everything! Hey, if it makes you feel better, do it! I recently heard about another Eastern philosophy called 'qigong' from the NBC evening magazine show and found a website, http://www.qi.com . Sounds like its not a cure either but may be worth a try and certainly can't hurt. There is a Dr. Alex Weng in Berkeley that offers it. It works on the same type assumptions as acupuncture in that it is based on the 'meridians' and 'releasing' blockages. Has anybody tried this or heard of it?