Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sandi Did you use heel cup as well as night splint?

Posted by Roger Page on 10/22/98 at 15:28 (001960)

Sorry to hear of the nasty pain and weight gain. I know the problem with both. I was in the same shape, although I put on some weight prior to onset of plantar fasciitis, and I suspect that contributed...
I used the night splint nightly for 4 months...yep, awkward, but not much...and I walked pain free in the morning. I also wore a thick waffle heel cup that made walking a dream. I also changed how I sat at work to prop my foot at 90 degrees. I was running regularly again in days.
Using the heel during the day and the night splint at night, I am pain free after 4 months. My physian thought it could take 6 months.

If you did not use the night splint(the one that holds your foot at a 90 degree angle) nightly, and you didn't use the waffle cup, you may wish to provide an email description of your situation to heelkit@aol.com I used the items they offer and they are considerably less expensive than a medical pharmacy. Good Luck Roger