Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heal spurs on both feet

Posted by nancy on 10/30/98 at 21:58 (001979)

I was diagnosed w/heel spurs and saw them on an xray. I am in much pain and presently have no insurance, as my company closed in June. I am at a lose as to what to do now. I have 'donuts' in my Nike's. I improve somewhat when i rest and stay off my feet. One doctor told me to soak my feet in hot water. The other one suggested ice. Regardless of what I do, around noon, i am in such pain. Any suggestions?

Re: heal spurs on both feet

Merlyn on 10/31/98 at 14:35 (001988)

I too have had heel spurs for a long time...You can try alot of things . Always remember what works for one may not work for you. I recently purchased magnetic insoles ..TheraP at Walgreens, they were worth the $20.00,,I also recommend Glucosamin Chondroitin..takes 2-4 weeks before any improvement. I also freeze a water bottle and roll it with my feet. I have a pair of birkenstocks but they aren't so great for me. I always have some pain but I can walk some without feeling overwhelmed with pain and depressions. You do have options that might help. My insurance company paid $2000.00 for custom leg brace and orthotics that did nothing. Good Luck Merlyn

Sue on 10/31/98 at 15:22 (001989)

i to had spurs. Sept. 16 i had sur. on the rt. foot and i am still hurting but not quite as bad. My dr. told me it can take up to 3 mos. to heal. Two weeks ago yesterday I had the left ft. done and starting walking full wt.bearing yesterday and the pain is worse than before. Monday I go to have the sutures removed. He is going to hear me scream. Hoping all of this does heal better than now. I was reading your other comments from someone and i have done all the things Merlyn told u to do. I also had multiple inj. in each ft. which did not last for me but i do know they work for a lot of people

Kelus on 11/01/98 at 10:47 (002001)

I suggest icing.
When you have time, do the warm soaks and then the icing, alternately making the icing be the last thing you do.
Scroll up to a post that I left for Heather in the topic 'is there anybody out there?' to see alittle more advice that I have on ways to ice your feet.

DaNita on 11/01/98 at 18:29 (002005)

I have have had 3 surgries on my left foot and none of them has helped.I am worse off then ever. I am at the point now where I don't want to even get up and walk. My ankels hurt and my feet 'pop' and it puts me right down. It hurts so bad. Now I am being sent to have new inserts made I have worn these before for 2 years with no relief so I don't know how they will help now. i think they just want to make more money off me. God knows they have made a ton already.