How did you like Dr. Barrett???????
I am thinking of going to him soon.
I have also been referred to another Dr. in Houston, Dr. Baxter.
I know that Dr. Barrett discovered the endoscopic surgery.
I was told that it was Dr. Baxter that did surgery on Mark McQuire's feet.
I can only choose on of the doctors because of my insurance.
Do you have any suggestions?
Could I give you some advice?
PLEASE get a doctor, RIGHT NOW
The longer you wait, the more likely you will have long term pain and also surgery
I put it off and put it off month after month. Now I am nearly disabled at times.
I can't have the surgery because I have a toddler to look after, and I am a single parent. (I can't recover from the surgery chasing a toddler)
Please do something now because I wish I would have
More advice: These are the things that keep me going:
* Ice your feet anytime you get a chance. Fill a plastic water bottle about 90% full of water. (Like an Ozarka or Evian bottle)
Freeze it and roll your foot over it. Just keep it in the freezer after each use so it will always be ready.
* Never go barefoot. Always wear shoes. Even in the mornings.
* Although expensive, custom made orthotics usually help.
* Stretch your calf muscles.
* When you rest, keep your feet elevated with a pillow higher than your head.
* Try the perscription anti-inflamitory medicines. They kill my stomach, but some people can take them.
* The medicine Limbitrol helps me sometimes, but most people think that is all in my head
* Don't overdo your activities. Don't plan a full day at the zoo and trudge through it. This is damaging your foot and maybe making scar tissue.
I can't think of anything else. There are many other things, that I plan to try, like the night splint or strassburg sock, but I am so broke from all of the medical bills that I have to wait until income tax time to do anything else
Hope this helps you