Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

If you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs or Sore Feet what are you wearing on your feet in the shower?

Posted by Tony Grady on 11/10/98 at 20:05 (002115)

Many people wear proper supports and footwear all the time....except in the shower! By not having your feet supported it allows the plantar fascia to stretch away from the heel bone...causing some swelling and discomfort that can last the entire day...even when you put your proper shoes back on after the shower! Please check out my site at http://www.shoetree.com for some information about a specific Birkenstock sandal we sell for water.

Regards,
Tony Grady

Re: If you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs or Sore Feet what are you wearing on your feet in the shower?

boger254 on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005233)

Most imp. to prevent over-pronation. Leading contributor to problem.athletic shoes with medial wedges or rollbars, stiffer soles and rocker or roller bottoms---birkenstock barbados for house and shower shoes plus stretches, anti=inflammatories---ice 15 min. daily--at least 1' heel for dress and athletic shoes--no bare feet or flats.10-12 weeks to sig. or total relief if very compliant!this programs works for 90% of patients. Then try custom-molded total-contact orthotics.

Re: If you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs or Sore Feet what are you wearing on your feet in the shower?

CrabbyAss2 on 11/10/98 at 20:16 (002118)

I wear birkenstocks garden shoes/clogs. Works fine for me.

Becky on 12/07/98 at 00:00 (002566)

I want my feet to get clean and not to be in shoes so at home I have a bar stool and put it in the shower. Helps alot.

boger254 on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005233)

Most imp. to prevent over-pronation. Leading contributor to problem.athletic shoes with medial wedges or rollbars, stiffer soles and rocker or roller bottoms---birkenstock barbados for house and shower shoes plus stretches, anti=inflammatories---ice 15 min. daily--at least 1' heel for dress and athletic shoes--no bare feet or flats.10-12 weeks to sig. or total relief if very compliant!this programs works for 90% of patients. Then try custom-molded total-contact orthotics.