Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

act quickly and seriously

Posted by Lisa on 11/13/98 at 16:32 (002158)

I have plantar facitiis which I understand can lead to heel spurs so I feel your pain. However, after some research today on the internet, I would get a second opinion. I have heard that the shots are extremely painful but I think there is a decent success rate. How did you get them? Are you a runner? I hope it works out for you. You are not alone in your foot struggles.

Re: act quickly and seriously-for Lisa

Karlen on 11/14/98 at 06:43 (002164)

Lisa, you say you have plantar fasciitis, but not heel spurs. Just where do you have pain? How were you diagnosed, and by whom? Podiatrist, ortho? What tests have you had? Feel free to e-mail me.

Re: act quickly and seriously-for Lisa

Lisa on 11/16/98 at 00:00 (002208)

I was diagnosed by a podiatrist but just like the other person, he never did any tests, just assumed it from my description and a look at my running shoes. My pain has come and gone and is better when I stretch daily and first thing before I get out of bed. I think this condition will be around my whole life but will vary in intensity. The podiatrist said it should be gone in a month or so but that was nearly 8 months ago. From what I read on this site noone has had a quick recovery.