Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I Just Had PF Surgery

Posted by Marianne on 11/15/98 at 00:00 (002192)

I had PF surgery four weeks ago and would like to hear from others who have also had surgery and how their recovery went. Please e-mail me.

Re: I Just Had PF Surgery

roy on 11/15/98 at 00:00 (002196)

Had surgery four weeks ago also still hurt at the inscision and my heel hurts when i stand or put my weight on it..hoping it gets better
real soon

!

Sharon on 11/19/98 at 00:00 (002290)

Roy,

I had PF surgery on Nov. 5. I still have the same pain and feel no
relief. Maybe it just takes time, although my doc said most people feel relief right away. I suppose to start back to work on Dec. 7
but I have my doubts. This is the second surgery on this foot. The
first one was thought to be Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. After nearly 3
months, I had no relief so another Doctor performed PF surgery. I
just don't know what to do next??
Keep me posted. sharon

Marianne on 11/20/98 at 00:00 (002313)

I had my surgery performed on October 20. I couldn't walk at all the first week but I have gradually been coming around. I've been home for the past five weeks and am scheduled to return to work on November 23. While I no longer have pain in my heel as I did previously, I have some soreness in my foot and numbness on the left side. I'm hoping that the soreness is due to the fact that I had so much difficulty walking with the crutches that I was putting all my weight on the side of my foot when I first started walking again. Since I have to be on my feet quite a bit at work, surgery was my only option. I has 3 cortisone shots and also had 12 sessions of physical therapy but none of that worked. My doctor said that he will send me for more physical theraphy if the pain persists. I feel like I've been cursed with this. I developed this problem last year in October and it has progressively gotten worse since then. I also have a spur in my right foot but I have no pain their. My doctor gave me these gel heel pads to put in my shoes and I just bought a new pair of New Balance sneakers because I read that they were the best for people with spurs.

Keep me posted.

Bobbie on 11/21/98 at 00:00 (002328)

Marianne, I hope you have success with recovery from your surgery. I wish you well and a complete recovery.

Marianne on 11/22/98 at 00:00 (002342)

Dear Bobbi,

Thanks for your kind words of support. The last two days it seems to be getting better. I return to work tomorrow - that will be the test.
Have you ever tried those Birkenstocks? People seem to rave about them. Waht do you think.

roy on 11/23/98 at 00:00 (002353)

How many weeks were you off work after your surgery and do you have to wear ortho all the time now for arch support.

Re: I Just Had PF Surgery - Roy

Marianne on 11/24/98 at 00:00 (002358)

I was out of work for five weeks. The first two weeks were the worse ones. By Friday of my last week, my foot still hurt. On Sunday, the day before I returned to work - it started to feel better. My doctor gave me a pair of rubber heel pads to wear in my shoes and sneakers but they botter my feet. I don't have custom orthos.