Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How Can You Excercise When You Can't Stand On Your Foot?

Posted by Lisa on 11/16/98 at 00:00 (002215)

I have been told by my Doc to lose weight and my foot will get beeter, but how can you excercise when you can't even stand up on your foot?? Any suggestions?

Re: How Can You Excercise When You Can't Stand On Your Foot?

kelus on 11/16/98 at 00:00 (002217)

Lisa, I am not the one to give advice about exercising, because I don't (and should

!)
But nevertheless, everyone I have ever talked to says to swim and do water aerobics.
I just don't have access to one in my small town like other people do in larger cities.
Hope this helps

Kelus

beej on 11/16/98 at 00:00 (002221)

Hi, Lisa. My orthopedic doctor just told me that losing weight (I am overweight too) while a good thing does not necessarily do as much for heelspurs as you would think. I am not sure I believe him given that my weight gain is more than likely what caused this. But exercise is important. I bought a recumbent stationary bike and ride 30 minutes every day. It's really boring so I just watch the news on TV while doing it. I have lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks through this and weight watchers and am determined to keep losing until I have lost a total of 55-60 pounds. It is a struggle, but I am determined and have told myself I will do it no matter how long it takes! Hang in there. You can do it.

L.Jones on 11/17/98 at 00:00 (002252)

ct-2-sim-ppp10.kwic.com 23:05:13