Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Take a chance on a 3rd pair of orthotics??

Posted by Gina on 11/19/98 at 00:00 (002293)

Had PF 6 years ago and was helped by orthotics. Redeveloped PF a year and a half ago and have been through all the standard treatments, including 2 pairs of custom-made orthotics (one from podiatrist; one was feathersprings). Neither pair has helped. Am seeing a new podiatrist who would like to try ANOTHER pair of orthotics. Was wondering if anyone eventually had success with orthotics after the first or second pair.
Would like to think this would help, but really have some doubts.

Re: Take a chance on a 3rd pair of orthotics??

Renee on 11/20/98 at 00:00 (002305)

I am on my 3rd pair of orthos myself. this is my final try with this method. I have tried almost everything else. In my opinion --- orthos do not work for all but there are so many different types that it may take a few expensive tried to find the 'right' pair for you.

Good luck!

Janine on 11/20/98 at 00:00 (002310)

I don't blame you for being skeptical, but don't give up just yet. In my experience (my family has been in the orthotics business for close to 30 years), there are some (not all) podiatrists that choose one style of orthotics that they like, and order them for all of their patients, when they have a selection of many different styles.

You may just not have had the right pair for you. Our lab has begun to deal directly with the public, offering factory direct pricing, and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Please visit http://www.orthotics.com , or e-mail me with any questions you may have.

Good luck.

eileen on 11/21/98 at 00:00 (002333)

I have been wearing custom orthotics for 2 yrs now with good luck. It is made of cork, but the cork is cut out at the heel and filled with foam, I did need to have them shaved down to make them more comfortable, but the orthotic guy was great. After having surgery last year I needed them adjusted again, and this was done again for no charge. The orthotic have made walking bearable. I still alternate wearing birk, and the orthotics with my athletic shoes. If you pronate or have any deviation with your foot, I would give it one more chance. , Make sure you are going to someone who will custom make them to your feet and adjust them for comfort. It did take me a few weeks to adjust to them, but I was never in severe pain.good luck in your next pair. eileenr