Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Strasburg Sock

Posted by John on 11/20/98 at 00:00 (002306)

I have a Strasburg sock and sleep with it most nights. It works very well for me. I am about 98% painfree but I still wear the sock. I want to be 100% and start back running again. The sock is cheap. When I ordered it via the Web, it came in 3 days. One thing about the sock, it is adjustable. You can adjust the angle of your foot to just about any angle you wish. When I first started using it, I pulled my foot too tight. That increased my pain. I quit using the sock for awhile thinking it was of no use to me. Later on, I started back using it with a very slight tension and found that it worked great. I discovered that if I set the tension right, I could sleep in it and get up in the morning with no morning pain. If you should try the sock, I highly recommend that you start with light tension and go easy until you know what works. Good luck.

John C. on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006206)

I used a Strasburg sock as a night splint. I believe that it cost around $26. It can be ordered over the web. Mine came in 2 days. One plus in the sock is that it can be adjusted to vary the tension on the plantar. I had very little problems sleeping in it. For me, it completely eliminated the morning pain. The sock can be used as part of a stretching program. For anyone that tries it, caution, too much tension too soon can cause an increase in your pain level. I overdid it at first and had to back off. You need to break it in slowly just as you would a custom orthotic or a pair of Birkenstock sandles.

John C. on 4/20/99 at 00:00 (006206)

I used a Strasburg sock as a night splint. I believe that it cost around $26. It can be ordered over the web. Mine came in 2 days. One plus in the sock is that it can be adjusted to vary the tension on the plantar. I had very little problems sleeping in it. For me, it completely eliminated the morning pain. The sock can be used as part of a stretching program. For anyone that tries it, caution, too much tension too soon can cause an increase in your pain level. I overdid it at first and had to back off. You need to break it in slowly just as you would a custom orthotic or a pair of Birkenstock sandles.