Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Worts??

Posted by John on 11/25/98 at 00:00 (002376)

I have a friend whose doctor told him he has plantar worts. I have never heard of this and cannot find any references to it. Has anyone every heard of this? If so, is treatment the same as PF?

Re: Plantar Worts??

Gina on 11/25/98 at 00:00 (002378)

Plantar warts are not the same as PF; my little girl got them. They were small raised bumps (warts) on the bottoms of the feet and were painful to walk on. Treatment consisted of trying over-the-counter preparations to remove them. When that didn't work, the Dr. used a machine to 'freeze' the warts - quite painful and required repeated treatments. I believe the warts are viral in nature.

Bobbie on 11/25/98 at 00:00 (002382)

Plantar warts grow in instead of out and usually are on the pressure points of the feet. I have developed plantar warts on the balls of my feet because my heels hurt so bad that I tend to walk on the balls of my feet. Corn pads designed with the hole in the middle give some relief.

debbie on 11/25/98 at 00:00 (002384)

Plantars warts are not the same as pf at all. They are warts that are viral and grow from the inside out. They can be removed. Call a dermatolagist. Debbie

Sharon on 11/27/98 at 00:00 (002402)

They are definitely viral. A dr. can freeze them off or can prescribe a medicine (can't remember the name) so you can do it slowly at home. I opt for the dr. to do it quick and easy. It hurts for a couple of days with a blister but they usually go away easier. You can know they are plantars warts because they get a hard bump of skin like a regular wart butif you dig below the surface a little, you see little black dots. Nasty but they can definitely be taken care of unlike the frustrations with pf.

bill n. on 11/30/98 at 00:00 (002447)

An easier and cheaper way to get rid of a plantars wort is to soak the affected spot [only] in as hot water as you can stand 2 or 3 times a day for one to two weeks. I read about this in a self help type book. My daughter had a huge plantars wort on the bottom of her foot and it disappeared in about 10 days. I guess the hot water kills the virus!