Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Multi-dimensional approach

Posted by Carolyn RN on 11/29/98 at 00:00 (002427)

Greetings, friends! I am a nurse who has spent 25+ years running around on concrete floors. I have had problems with PF in my left foot off and on for the last 7 years, sometimes with constant pain, other times just morning pain. If my weight gets above a certain level, I start having more problems with my foot and also with my knees, so I try to keep that under control. I wear Birks constantly at home. I bought a pair to wear at work, but they didn't absorb enough shock so I now wear a pair of New Balance leather athletic shoes with extra arch support and Hydropedes gel inserts inside. You might want to check out their website at http://www.hydropedes.com . Stretches have helped some. When I have a flareup, I try to stay off my feet as much as possible, and take ketoprofen or ibuprofen. I can't say for sure which of the above has helped the most, but I would guess it's the arch support combined with the gel inserts. Things that have not helped so much include night splinting, tape, ice/heat and the $150 pair of orthopedic shoes I bought at the local specialty store. I wish all of you luck in finding the combination that works for you.