Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Glad to find you

Posted by Robin on 11/30/98 at 00:00 (002446)

Like all of you in the past, I just found this website and message board, and I am so very pleased to hear that I am not alone.

No one I know has plantar fasciitis, so no one genuinely understands that when I say, 'my feet hurt,' I'm describing agony. They think my feet just hurt a little and I'll get over it if I soak them for 15 minutes. Hmph -- fat chance.

I just got diagnosed with PF, both feet, although I've known for several months that PF is my condition. Like many of you, I used to sprint around -- now I hobble and struggle and avoid excess steps whenever possible. I too have entered the world of podiatry and am about to enter the merchandising world of arch supports, heel supports, birks, orthotics -- whatever it takes, as they say. I'm so sorry that so many of you must share the kind of discomfort, tears and desperation that I have experienced during the last 6 months, but still -- I am so glad to have found you. Thank you for all the inspiring and informative posts I just read. Even if my feet hurt like crazy, my soul feels better.

Re: Glad to find you

Becky on 11/30/98 at 00:00 (002450)

True, this site saves our sanity! I am very thankful for it! Glad you found us and just tell us your woes, anytime.

Sharon H on 12/01/98 at 00:00 (002465)

You are among friends. :o)

LJ on 12/01/98 at 00:00 (002466)

hey sharon.. :o) i see your dialup listed and note you must be a teacher in mn..as i am.. wonder how you can managed your pf and work... having a heck of a time!

take care,

Sharon H on 12/04/98 at 00:00 (002500)

Actually, I have worked as a para or a secretary in Anoka-Hennepin District #11 off and on for the last ten years. Waitressing is what really killed my feet! I have stopped that and am job searching in the district again.

laurie on 12/05/98 at 00:00 (002519)

sharon.. ah... waitressing killed mine as well... working about 70 hours a week on my feet all summer.. hmmm... it was fun but...... had i to do it over again... i'm up in district 701.. teaching.. running on my feet...

argh! :)

take care!