Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ankle pops

Posted by chris on 12/04/98 at 00:00 (002496)

does anyone have a problem with just one ankle constantly popping like a knuckle would. My right ankle pops so loud that people stare at me. My left one has never done this before. Recently my right ankle has been giving much pain. It is right in the center of the ankle. I do a ton of mountain biking but lately I have laid off. thanks. If anyone answers please title it

Re: ankle pops

Ruth on 12/04/98 at 00:00 (002497)

I have had extreme pain in one ankle and often could not put weight on it. When I complained to my podiatrist she said there must be arthritis in there; there's nothing you can do. My chiropractor has been the answer. One time it was because the first metatarsal was twisted out of position, the second because the talus had slipped.

Re: ankle pops

Marie on 12/04/98 at 00:00 (002502)

Does it feel like your ankle is dislocating itself from the socket? I get this popping sound and it feels like my ankle fell out of it's normal position, i know it sounds weird and i asked the podiatrist about it, he just looked at me like i was crazy. I think it has something to do with the supporting ligaments of the ankle not holding it in place. who knows for sure??