Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Having Surgery in 10 days

Posted by Diane on 12/05/98 at 00:00 (002535)

Well, I'm tired of all this pain! I have finally (after 10 months of trying everything else) decided to go ahead with surgery. Does anyone out there that has had it have any advice?

Re: Having Surgery in 10 days

Marianne on 12/06/98 at 00:00 (002539)

I felt the same way as you do and after a year of pain and trying everything else, I decided to have the surgery also. I had mind done on October 20 and have to say that the pain I feel is only minimal and mostlyr related to some soreness and numbness which most people say is normal. So far I feel much better but time will tell.

Good luck.

P.S. I stayed home for 5 weeks and needed every bit of that time to recup.

Re: Having Surgery in 10 days

debbie on 12/09/98 at 00:00 (002599)

I had surgey on my right foot and i don't recommend surgery to anyone. My foot came out worse than before. I was scheduled to have it done on my left foot and backed out at the last minute. I ran out of options and decided to try acupuncture. It has worked like a miracle. I am even back to aerobics. If you haven't tried it you haven;t tried everything. good luck on your surgery. you'll need it. Please research this board. The majority of surgeries are not successful. Debbie