Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

need advice

Posted by paige on 12/08/98 at 00:00 (002581)

I was recently diagnosed with a heel spur. I had a cortizone injection which has helped a little. The doctor also gave me stretches to do. he did not give me any directions about if I should or shouldn't exercise (I usually walk) or if I should stay off my feet. I am a teacher and a mother of a 3 year old, so 'resting' my feet is not really an option. I am also in the process of trying to get pregnant, and the thought of the heel spur with the added weight of pregnancy scares me. I would love any suggestions about what has worked for people. I am only 30 years old and hope I can conquer this so that it is not a life long problem.

Re: need advice

Chance on 12/08/98 at 00:00 (002587)

Read my advice to Rae. I had 1 round of cortizone and I will not do that again. It is only a temporary relief and has long term side effects. I am trying a combination of vitamins, bee pollen etc. and if it works I will tell the world. To soon to say yet. Read all the postings here. They helped me so much.

deb on 12/08/98 at 00:00 (002593)

resting your feet will have to be an option if you want any relief whatsoever. even if your feet are feeling okay, rest and ice paige..... rest and ice..

Minnie on 12/09/98 at 00:00 (002606)

I hear a lot about heal spurs...I have had my foot x/rayed and it shows a spur on the front part of my foot....just under the ball of my foot (toes). Any advice or should it be treated the same as heal spurs?