Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FOOTMAXX ORTHOTICS

Posted by GENO on 12/09/98 at 00:00 (002603)

WELL AFTER 5 MONTHS OF SHOTS,NIGHTSPLINTS,ICEING ETC. ETC.(YOU KNOW THE STORY!) I GOT MY FOOTMAXX ORTHOTICS TODAY AND HOPE THEY WILL HELP WITH THIS ONGOING BATTLE THAT WE ALL HAVE. HAS ANYBODY USED THEESE INSERTS OR HAD ANY LUCK WITH THEM? THEY ARE EXPENSIVE BUT BETTER THAN SURGERY IF THEY WORK.GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Re: FOOTMAXX ORTHOTICS

Bea on 12/09/98 at 00:00 (002609)

I had good luck with mine but it took awaile & now 11 years later I have calcium deposits which acts the same way. The orthotics are good & you might try a foam heel insert on bad days.

meri anne woods on 12/10/98 at 00:00 (002615)

Are these orthotics ones you can buy directly or do they have to be gotten from a doctor. Also how much do they cost.

thanks

meri anne

GeKarB5 on 12/10/98 at 00:00 (002618)

Are footmaxx orthotics hard or cushioned on top and hard underneath?
How much do they cost? I have hard orthotics but I would like to have a different kind of orthotic that is custom made if its not too expensive.

Bea on 12/10/98 at 00:00 (002619)

I had them custom made by a podiatrist. They are expensive but I have had mine for 11 years and they are still good. I Believe they cost around $300.00.

Bea on 12/10/98 at 00:00 (002620)

My orthotics are hard plastic and they were custom made, very costly but they last. About $300.00, made by my podiatrist. I have flat feet & I found them very helpful.

Robin on 12/11/98 at 00:00 (002629)

Footmaxx has its own web site. You can check it out. They have a very animated 'tour' of how they custom-make orthotics. It would seemto me that Footmaxx sells to podiatrists and other health care providers. If they sell direct to the consumer, they certainly aren't in your face about it. Much more willing to help you identify providers who use their services.

The first podiatrist I went to, who went straight from the diagnosis to suggesting custom made orthotics, told me specifically to visit the Footmaxx site. His lab makes its own orthotics, but he suggested that the Footmaxx site would give me an understanding of the measurement and design process, and it did. I would guess Footmaxx is in the same $300 vicinity as everyone else.

Geno on 12/12/98 at 00:00 (002641)

The orthotics are soft on top and plastic on the bottom, they cost 350.00 OUCH
!, but my doctor is letting me pay something every month. I know it's a lot of money but if they work out for me it will be well worth it.Good luck

roz on 12/14/98 at 00:00 (002677)

I had Footmaxx orthotics and they were worthless. They were
hard as hell and did not have a deep heel cup. Don't waste
your money. My insurance did not pay and I am out $350.