Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Am Trying Acupuncture--so far so good!

Posted by Gina on 12/11/98 at 00:00 (002637)

After a 18 months of PF and as the last doctor put it, 'every treatment known to man,' I have had 2 acupuncture treatments. Had a reduction of pain after the first one and am hoping for more of the same after today's. At this point pain is about 40-50% of what it was; more of an ache than the feeling of walking on nails. Just want to continue making progress. Found a board-certified acupuncturist from China who is charging $50 per treatment; am starting to feel it's money well spent.

Re: Am Trying Acupuncture--so far so good!

alex on 12/11/98 at 00:00 (002638)

Go for it! My PF is significantly better after three weeks of acupuncture treatments. My heel is much less stiff in the mornings, after stretching I occasionally have moments of no pain

. Does come back during the day, but I have had no moments of the searing pain I had almost daily before I started the acupuncture. My Chinese Dr says treatment should be as frequent as possible over a period of several weeks.
I am convinced that western doctors have much to learn from Chinese medicine (and vice-versa, of course.

Bobbie on 12/12/98 at 00:00 (002648)

I am beginning to think about trying Acupuncture so keep me posted on the results you obtain. I am not sure of who is available in my area but maybe there is a way to check it out on the web.

debbie on 12/13/98 at 00:00 (002661)

So glad you decided to try acupuncture. I have been trying to get through to the people on this board to try it. It worked for me. I do everything now and am back to aerobics. I am happy for you. I had 21 treatments and am now done. good luck. Debbie

Bea on 12/13/98 at 00:00 (002668)

You have gotten thru to some of us. I have used acupuncture for many things & have had a lot of relief however it has not worked for my foot. The most is did was feel good while it was happening but I was in the same boat as I was leaving th eoffice. I'm glad it works for you however like everything associated with this condition it depends on the individual.

Re: Am Trying Acupuncture--so far so good!To Gina

Bea on 12/14/98 at 00:00 (002683)

I was dissappointed in the acupuncture when I had it done because it didn't seem to make me better. However of late I am so much worse. You can see the swelling on the back of my heel & i can only be on my feet about 1 hour before the pain is too intense to stay on my feet. I cannot wear any shoes with a back (I have calcium deposits on my achilles heel which is like heel spurs only in edifferent place) After your experience with acupuncture I believe I will go back and try again, if only to feel better when it is happening. I will mention the electric current . I have had the electric current for other problems. Thank you so much for the input.