Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Which Birk?

Posted by Jude on 12/14/98 at 00:00 (002671)

I just received a wonderful catalogue from Birkenstock,and am overwhelmed with the choices.Please let me know which ones have worked the best.Need input.

Re: Which Birk?

Robin on 12/15/98 at 00:00 (002699)

Jude, some of the posts from way way back mention the basic, Arizona. A few mention Milano too (Arizona with a backstrap). The names Kentucky and Nebraska still in my mind as well, as being posted.

I got the catalog myself last week. Haven't purchased yet. I have a Birkenstock store just a few miles away, so I'm going to go down and try several on before Christmas. The woman in the store DID tell me though, that all Birks basically have the same footbed structure and arch support -- she said the differences are a matter of material, style and color. (For me, it's a matter also of $$$.) I'll probably try a basic model and see if they work as well for me as for other people. If you buy anything that you especially love, let us know, okay?

Marianne on 12/15/98 at 00:00 (002700)

Marianne on 12/15/98 at 00:00 (002702)

I just bought two pairs of birks (xmas gifts from my husband). I purchased the Arizona and the Boston (closed toe - it's cold in New York now. The salesperson said you have to break them in my wearing them 2 hours a day for 2 weeks. I bought the Arizona's to wear around the house so I could break them in just in time for summer. They feel a little strange but I guess you get used to them.

Becky on 12/15/98 at 00:00 (002706)

Tatami's are birks that feel already broken in. The Kentucky's and Nebraka's are the best and feel good but I can't wear them all day. Have to switch to my running shoes at the end of the day (after work).

Jude on 12/16/98 at 00:00 (002717)

I really do appreciate all the warmth and support that comes from this message board. Last night my husband told me to just be glad I can get up in the morning and go to work.He feels he is a judge of pain level because of his sciatic problems. 'Everyone deals with it differently'He has had his pain a lot longer and (obviously) it is much more painful than what we live with,;-).So I come here on a daily basis to connect and feel like I am not alone.Thanks and God Bless you all.