Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I wouldn't jump into OssaTron

Posted by Scott on 12/18/98 at 00:00 (002741)

Many of the people here have had surgery and the surgery failed. At a reported 90% success rate, surgery is supposed to have a greater chance of helping than the 80-90% chance you're reporting with the OssaTron. I believe 3 of our posters have gone to Canada to get the OssaTron treatment. I'm sure several here are waiting to hear the results from these sufferers.

Also, stretching and orthotics each have an 80% success rate and don't cost near as much and are not as painful. I wouldn't ask people to jump into a painful (as reported by 2 or 3 visitors to your clinic) $2500 Ossatron treatment.

Re: I wouldn't jump into OssaTron

John G on 12/18/98 at 00:00 (002742)

I agree with you totally, if you can CURE your heel pain with conservative treatments, go for it. If you are being quoted 90% success with surgery, I would expect that your surgeon has big alimony payments to meet. Most Canadian Orthopaedic Surgeons(socialized medicine)would tell you 40% is optimistic. As far as the folks that have been treated, they all were told that the healing process would take 6-12 weeks after treatment. Six weeks is comming up and I am looking forward to their reports. The Institute has lowered their price for the next two months to $1492/ treatment.

debbie on 12/21/98 at 00:00 (002774)

I would recommend acupuncure for a CURE before jumping into ossatron. It's cheaper and safe. Works for 80% of patients and won't make you worse if you are in the 20% it might now work for. Debbie

john g on 12/22/98 at 00:00 (002787)

I agree! The Orthotripsy inclusion for treatment protocall insists on at least 6 months of symptoms and at least 3 conservative treatment attempts. These could include cortisone injection, stretching, orthotics, acupuncure, active release, surgery or whatever else is popular at the time. As far as orthotripsy making things worse, I have personally never heard of it happening.