Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Bea on 12/20/98 at 00:00 (002757)

I seem to see a pattern in these messages. I think if we do something to our feet that makes it better we think we are on the way to recovery & return to normal activities. This ailment is long term and I believe we will always have a weakness there. s much as I hate the thought an adjustment in life style has to be considered. There is no cure for this, all we can do is make it feel better. Sometimes it goes away by itself, as it did for me 11 years ago but it's back now. Until there is a complete treatment we should always be careful of the strain we put on our feet. Just my opinion.

Re: Overdoing

debbie on 12/21/98 at 00:00 (002773)

I beg to differ with you. I have learned there is a huge difference between Eastern and Western medicine. I had acuncture and I consider myself cured. My acupuncurist told me right from the beginning that is I am in the 80% of people it works on it will be a cure, not short term. I haven't had a treatment in over a month now and can do anything I did before I got pf. Including aerobics. Just like a regular Dr., a cure is only as good as your acupuncturist. I wish everyone good luck with this ailment, but I encourage anyone looking for a cure ( and I think you all are) to look into the acu. Debbie

Bea on 12/22/98 at 00:00 (002785)

I'm very happy for you, the rest of us don't seem to be doing as well. I have had accupuncture for many different reasons for the past 20 years so I am not opposed to alternate treatments I just feel that this is a chronic condition for the most part & once you have it you must treat your feet with care. I thought I was cured 11 years ago & here I am again only in worst shape.

debbie on 12/22/98 at 00:00 (002795)

You say you had acu for different things in the past but have you tried it for pf? If not, why don't you, you have nothing to lose. It won't make you worse, and you have everything to gain. My Dr. says my feet won't get worse now, but if he is wrong and they do, I'll just go back for more treatments. Good Luck. Debbie

Bea on 12/23/98 at 00:00 (002811)

Hi- I didtry it for about 2 months and it didn't get better so I stopped. What I didn't realize was that it could get so much worse which it has so I'm going back after the lst of the year to keep it from deteriorating more. Thanks for your input/

Dayna on 12/24/98 at 00:00 (002824)

I'm with you, I don't think we can ever take our old lifestyles for granted again, we must always be aware that whatever caused it in the first place can cause it again. Our lives as they were are over, even if we never have a recurrence, we will never be the same. I pray that Debbie continues to stay well, that gives the rest of us hope that there is a cure, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to risk reinjuring by going back to my old way of using them. I can't imagine aerobics, how can I bounce around when I can't even walk on my tiptoes without horrible pain? Every case is different, and we have to watch out for #1, which is ourselves. I'd rather limit myself than worry constantly if I didn't, to me the psychological stress would be worse, but that's just me.