Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Eastlands - Christmas

Posted by laurie on 12/23/98 at 00:00 (002799)

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Thanks for making this whole process of PF easier to get through... Each and every one of you have helped me along in your own ways. Not only is it a physical struggle but it is an emotional one as well. Pretty difficult to be unable to walk around physically and emotionally. Funny how PF has a grip on me. Regardless .. wishing you all the best & healthier new year.

Btw, I went to my last dr. appointment wearing my eastlands.. the dr. asked about my tenners and i reported that my feet are much more comfortable and my ankles too.. in my eastlands.. she shrugged her shoulders and said 'go for the comfort & what works for you'...

Darn those 350 dollar orthodics.. *L*

Smilin'.. and damnit.. i will not let this get to my good foot! Those who are just beginning to go through the PF ordeal, do yourself a favor and do not let the good foot take the brunt of the not so good one.

Ah.. always reflective when i post here.

Cheers to Health & Happiness.

Re: Eastlands - Christmas

kelus on 12/23/98 at 00:00 (002817)

Where do you get Eastlands? (and about how much?)

Robin on 12/24/98 at 00:00 (002818)

I bought a pair of Eastlands too, based on an earlier post (I think it was from you?) and nosing around. I posted a message a few days ago about them. They're pretty good -- not a panacea, but they feel better most of the time than even my best athletic shoes. I'm pretty sure it's the low footbed that keeps my foot at a right angle.

Yesterday though, I was trying on Naots and met a woman who said she had been wearing Birks for more than 20 years. Never had a problem with her feet; said she wears Birks about 90% of the time, Naots if she can't get Birks. Think I'm going to go spring for a pair of Arizonas and see how they are.

Bobbie on 12/24/98 at 00:00 (002826)

I purchased my Eastlands at JC Penny's for under $100. It's been sometime since I bought them but I think they were around $80. they are nice looking and are made like Birkenstocks.

Kathy on 12/24/98 at 00:00 (002827)

I wore Naot's for a couple of years before I had PF and I thought they were the most comfortable sandles I had ever worn. Now , they don't really help me. I still want to try Birks. Also where can you find Eastland shoes? Thanks!

Robin on 12/24/98 at 00:00 (002829)

Kathy, I know JC Penney sells a couple styles of sandals with low footbeds, around $40-50.

I live in southwest Florida and got mine at a chain called Fashion Footwear. They had 3 styles of low footbed sandals, $44-49. (They also make a lot of 'standard' type shoes which I wouldn't get. The ones I got and I think Laurie too have strong arch support and low footbed). Eastland is on the net. They don't list retail distributors, but they show several styles of shoes, sandals and enclosed. I wrote them a letter explaining about my PF and why I thought the low footbed/high arch support helped, and asked: 1) if they have a catalog, would they send it; 2) how to tell which if any of the enclosed toe shoes have the arch support and low footbed. Waiting for a response. I think the next best solution is to just call shoe stores and ask. I have 2 pairs of Eastlands now -- but after Xmas, I'm going to the Birk store. Time to lay down REAL cash and see if the best give me relief. Have a happy holiday Kathy.