Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doent anyone have other symptoms ankle/leg/cramping/fasiculations/back?

Posted by kd on 12/27/98 at 00:00 (002870)

I cant believe Im the only one who is having problems with other patrs of my body because of this BIG PAIN Anyone? Anything? how about fatuige it only makes sense if you have to stand on something that hurts like hell its going to zap the energy level dont you think?.

Re: Doent anyone have other symptoms ankle/leg/cramping/fasiculations/back?

CJ Mitchell on 12/27/98 at 00:00 (002871)

Yes. I have alot of pain in the side of my foot, heel pain in both sides and bottom with pain going into ankle and up leg.
I had to end up calling the doctor today. I was out of pain meds, and was trying to wait until Monday. Didn't work though.
He said I am to come in tomorrow and have him check my heel, ankle and leg. It is much worse than it was even two weeks ago, but I haven't been able to stay off of it like I should have done.
He has made insoles for my shoes.
My problem came out of a car accident. I also have a heel spur which doesn't help things.
I just found out after seeing a lawyer last week, that all the money I had to pay out of my pocket is covered under my car insurance. Now I have to send them all of my copies of checks and bills for them to pay.
They will pay for the insoles of $150. I have paid $50 and was to pay the rest this coming Wednesday.
I am very upset that no one from the insurance company told me that I didn't have to pay out of my pocket. I had thought I had to wait to submit my bils at end of time for settlement. It isn't so. You can collect from your own insurance company under 'underinsured' motorist, and they then fight the other insurance company for their money back.
Guess it was a good thing I finally looked into a lawyer.

CJ Mitchell In Indy

Sally T. on 12/27/98 at 00:00 (002872)

kd, I also have other problems stemming from my feet. My back is killing me all the time now. I think it also has to do with all the weight I've gained due to non excercise. My feet feel somewhat better since I started taking glucosomine sulfate about a month ago, but now I have developed quite an itchy rash on my arms and legs. It may have something to do with the gulcosomine. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll stop for a while and see what happens. Thanks to everyone. Hope you had a good holiday.

sadie on 12/27/98 at 00:00 (002876)

Just wanted to let you know Sally that I am also having pain in the bottom part of my leg-- above the ankle, but Im not sure what its from. Possibly could have shin splints, according to my sister who is a nurse.

I plan to contact my doctor this next week and see what he says.

Bobbie on 12/28/98 at 00:00 (002878)

I have had PF for the last 3 years. I now have pain in the bottom, side, top, and into my ankle. Last week my lower back was hurting too but maybe it was due to the way I walk. I have had 4 days off work for the holidays and I dread having to go back to work tomorrow because it means being on my feet all day which causes increased pain. Some days are not as bad as other days but I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to help much. I don't know what the prognosis is for the future and the doctors don't seem to know either. Do we get better or end up in a wheelchair? I intend to fight this and keep looking for answers. So if anyone can offer help let me know.

Marianne on 12/28/98 at 00:00 (002880)

Prior to having PF surgery, I had a pain on my left side and hip probably due to the way I was walking and shifting my weight. After the surgery I experienced pain in my ankle which my dr. said was due to a slight case of arthritis in my ankle.

roy on 12/28/98 at 00:00 (002889)

glad to see you got some legal advice;in the world we live in today it seems like you have to get help so that big business wont push you around.