Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New poster

Posted by Cheryl R. on 12/28/98 at 00:00 (002897)

I've recently had the surgery for the heel spur. I had the 'open surgery' with the large incision. I had the surgery on 11-23-98 and still have alot of pain and swelling. I was wondering if anyone else has had this surgery and if this pain/swelling is something I should expect.

Re: New poster

SUzy on 12/29/98 at 00:00 (002913)

I have had 2 surgerys and the last was 3 weeks ago. THe swelling and pain takes time I would plan on it getting better but not really a big diffrence if any for about 6 months. Thats what i have noticed with my first surgery. Good Luck :)

Barbara on 12/29/98 at 00:00 (002921)

Dear Cheryl: A friend of mine had surgery a few months ago. After surgery she went to an acupuncturist a couple of times a week to reduce the pain, swelling and also the scar tissue. She was extremely happy with the results and believes it caused her to heal much faster than otherwise. This might help those of you who have had surgery. Best, Barbara

paul on 1/01/99 at 00:00 (002975)

Hi, I had surgery, sorry to report no sucess actually worse, looking back I really think I tried to get on my foot too soon and wennt back to work thinking time would make it better, don,t have any answers but if I had it to do over agin I would have stayed off completly til I thought it was completely healed. LUCK TO YA!