Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Myofascial Pain and PF

Posted by barb on 12/28/98 at 00:00 (002905)

Has anyone had their doctors let them they have myofascial pain syndrome?

Re: Myofascial Pain and PF

DaNita on 12/28/98 at 00:00 (002908)

my foot doctor sent me to a arthrists doctor who has told me that I have Fibromyalgia. I thnk Myofascial is related to this but I am not sure.

Bea on 12/29/98 at 00:00 (002911)

I hate to say this as it sounds so cynical and less than hopeful but as I read these messages and the different things that doctors have told us just infuriatesme. It seems they will say anything just to seem like they know what they are doing. I don't know what myofascial pain is or Fibromyalgia it just seems they are grasping at straws which I can't criticize them for, its just they won't admit that they are guessing.

barb on 12/29/98 at 00:00 (002915)

Me again. I'd just like to clarify something. I've had bipolar PF for eight years, the doctor that stated I have myofascial pain is the only doctor (and there have been many) to explain the syndrome and I believe him.
He does a form of deep intermuscular needle therapy that sends an electric shock down the myofascial pathway to release the trapped muscles. Briefly I'll say that he worked on releasing the left calf and the electric current would travel down in very unpredictable directions into the heel, toes, arch, sometimes the quadriceps...
If anyone wants to hear more contact me.
This doctor of mine is the best I've seen and he is determined to end my pain/discomfort.