Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Easy Spirit Shoes

Posted by Tish on 12/30/98 at 00:00 (002951)

Has anyone had any luck with these shoes? I just bought a pair to try and have been having pain. Anyone have any luck with suprination and plantar faciiitis? Need to find a shoe that works! I am getting so frustrated. I need to walk to help with the weight, but my left heel just kills me. Any shoe advice? Please help.

Re: Easy Spirit Shoes

Sophia on 12/30/98 at 00:00 (002953)

I found the best is the Nike hiking shoe with the steel shank on the bottom. I make my on orthotics by using a Dr.Scholl insert, adding a heel pad under the heel and adding a metatarsal pad.
They look a little heavy, but aren't. But not for dress wear. LOL

Jean on 12/31/98 at 00:00 (002956)

I went to a store that specialized in shoes for athletes and was carefully fitted for everyday shoes....they're double-ugly, but comfortable
! And I wear SAS for dress-up....not my first choice, but wearing nice, dress-up pumps, make my PF worse.

Becky on 12/31/98 at 00:00 (002957)

I have several pairs of Easy Spirits. They are nice looking and yes they cause pain. But in my situation having my feet up is the only thing that doesn't and also wearing my running shoes helps too.

Dayna on 12/31/98 at 00:00 (002960)

I wear the Easyspirit flat lace-up, can't find a style name/ # but they came out a year or so ago. They have 5 hole laceup and came in a nice brown as well as black, the advantages are that they don't look too terribly clunky and they keep my orthotics reasonably in place (I do wish they could make orthotics that don't float around all over the place in most shoes). The bad part is that they have a glued sole rather than stitched, so they need regluing frequently and/or replacing every year or so (I have two pair that get alternated at least 6 days out of every week). I can't speak for the heels, slipons, etc. as I cannot wear them without intense pain, and if I want to hurt, I have other pumps I can wear.

Bea on 12/31/98 at 00:00 (002963)

I have the added problem of not being able to wear any shoe with a back on it due to my achilles heel. I wear Easy spirit clogs and find them pretty comfortable.

Sandy in Ohio on 12/31/98 at 00:00 (002967)

I just purchased a pair of Easy Spirit shoes last week. I have had no pain when I wear them. They have anti-gravity; 1-1/2 inch clunky heel. I can wear them with pants or with a dress.

Rita on 1/01/99 at 00:00 (002976)

I cannot wear Easy Spirit, they just do not fit correctly and hurt! I can wear Dexters, Rockport, Red Cross and of course my smeakers.