Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mephisto shoes with Trampolin Sys...etc.

Posted by Evelyn on 1/04/99 at 00:00 (003028)

Hi. Someone mentioned these shoes in a message. Where does one get them, what do they look like, and cost?
For nice casual shoes I suggest a suede boot made by Banana Republic. (About $80.) They are currently my most comfortable pair of shoes.
Another question - is moderate walking better than complete inactivity in terms of helping the healing process? It seems not to matter either way... (I've had this problem for 1.5 yrs as a result of crazy sudden marathon training.)
Any comments about acupunture and surgery also welcome. Vitamin C?
Thanks.
Evelyn

Re: Mephisto shoes/Nordstroms Rack etc.

Diane R. on 7/01/98 at 20:31 (000900)

I've been told that Nordstrom's Rack is now located at the Mall of America - for those of us who get there occasionally. Don't know if they have all the same stuff at each 'rack' but will check it out next time I head to that mall! The prices sure sound good for Birks & Mephisto - they may even have Ecco's. I prefer the Alpha style Eccos as they have a good heel cup area similar to the birks.

Re: Mephisto shoes/Nordstroms Rack etc.

Barbara on 7/07/98 at 23:31 (000935)

Glad to hear about Nordstroms Rack in the MOA--we do get there occasionally. I have 2 pairs of Danskos (Greta, I think--they are the clogs with a strap on the back)--absolutely love them--NO heel pain when I wear them! I never thought I'd be wearing clogs, but lived in them during the winter--am now using Birks almost exclusively during the summer (Eccos once in awhile, but Birks are better). None of these shoes are cheap, but then I'm willing to pay the price to be able to walk (and sit and lie, etc) painfree! I'd rather put the money into shoes than into dr. bills!

Re: Mephisto shoes with Trampolin Sys...etc.

debbie on 1/04/99 at 00:00 (003037)

I tried on a pair of Mephisto shoes and they felt comfy, but they were 200.oo. forget it. I can't justify paying that much for a pair of shoes. Besides, in my opinion they only make you feel better, but they don't cure you. I did acupuncture and it worked for me. I walk and m back to Jazzercise 3 times a week. I would recommend it to anyone. Debbie

alex on 1/04/99 at 00:00 (003045)

There has been a lot of information on this site concerning acupuncture - but a whole bunch of the messages seem to have disappeared. Most people, myself included, have been positive, provided they have found a good acupuncturist. general rule of thumb is that if acupuncture has not produced significant improvement after 6 treatments (2x per wek for 3 weeks) then try someone else.

I wear Mephistos - hellishly expensive, but last a lifetime but provide real cushioning for the heel and arch.

Sharon H on 1/09/99 at 00:00 (003171)

What are Mephistos? Why are they better than Birks? Where do you get them? Thanks for the info!

Re: Mephisto shoes can HELP us!

Richard, C.Ped on 11/07/00 at 07:49 (032158)

Mephisto shoes are really good shoes. I have made orthotics for our local college's volleyball team in which the require the team to wear Mephisto. The only thing I do not like about them is the low collar and soft counter. Some of these girls require ankle support as well, and their shoes do not provide this. I am sure that there are many styles of Mephisto, and hopefully have the higher collar and more rigid counter. I am only referring to what the team is required to wear. I am glad they are helping you!
Richard, C.Ped

Re: Mephisto shoes can HELP us!

Richard, C.Ped on 11/07/00 at 07:49 (032158)

Mephisto shoes are really good shoes. I have made orthotics for our local college's volleyball team in which the require the team to wear Mephisto. The only thing I do not like about them is the low collar and soft counter. Some of these girls require ankle support as well, and their shoes do not provide this. I am sure that there are many styles of Mephisto, and hopefully have the higher collar and more rigid counter. I am only referring to what the team is required to wear. I am glad they are helping you!
Richard, C.Ped