Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

immobilizing the foot

Posted by liza on 1/06/99 at 00:00 (003092)

My podiatrist has recommended a cast to immobilize my foot that has not responded to all other treatments for a period of seven months. Has anyone else tried this? I am probably going to do this on Jan 11, 99.

Re: immobilizing the foot

Jon on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005229)

Liza, Are you in your cast yet, is it a hard type that's not removeable. Does your foot feel any better. thanks

Gina on 1/06/99 at 00:00 (003095)

Make it easy on yourself and insist on a removable cast. I learned the hard way: had a fiberglass walking cast. AFter one week, had so much more pain, I had to go on crutches. Even with being non-weight bearing, my heel still hurt. When the cast was removed, my sore spots were exactly where they had been (before ever setting foot on floor), but they hurt worse and my ankle was stiff. In my experience, this was one of the more useless treatments I've endured, but everyone is different and maybe it will work for you...hope so.

Bea on 1/06/99 at 00:00 (003101)

Read all the messages. There have been people that had a cast on and were not helped at all. There is info on this site. Take advantage of it.

Sandy on 1/10/99 at 00:00 (003201)

Liza have you tried taping yet? If your Dr. does it, it can really provide relief. You can also wear your shoes and move around but keep your foot placed.

Jon on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005229)

Liza, Are you in your cast yet, is it a hard type that's not removeable. Does your foot feel any better. thanks