Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

work from home or would be on disability

Posted by Elise on 1/08/99 at 00:00 (003155)

If I didn't have a computer-based job that I can do from home, I would be unemployed at the moment, as I couldn't put my foot on the gas pedal for over 2 months.

Re: work from home or would be on disability

Sharon H on 1/09/99 at 00:00 (003164)

I would love to figure out a computer job I could do at home. What do you do? Is it lucrative enough? I have kids in school but like to be around to help them. Waitressing is out now because of my pf. Any great ideas on jobs?

Diane F. on 1/09/99 at 00:00 (003176)

I have heard that are jobs that need people to do medical transcriber, if you have a computer,which can be done at home. You could check it out. Good luck.

Elise on 1/11/99 at 00:00 (003263)

I review the results of market research surveys and write the reports. I really like it because I learn something new every time I analyze a new set of data. Any kind of freelance/consulting writing job can be done from home as long as you have a computer. I have e-mail and fax support on mine so I can easily receive my assignments and send back the finished report. PF has actually helped me at work - Since I can't do much else, I work for a few hours Sat and Sun mornings, and I have been finishing all my projects early, so they increased my workload! (Needless to say, I long for my previous weekend routine of tennis and working out, but work has saved my sanity.)

If you have any specific questions about skills/qualifications, etc. I would be glad to help/

suzy on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003286)

Diane,
any info in this area would be great! I think all of us need to get a handle on what to do now..
thanks ahead of time for any info!
Suzy

Sharon H on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003319)

How did you get involved in this job? Where do you start? I would love to do a computer job at home. I am a night owl and could do a lot of it when my family was asleep. If you can, please e-mail me with more information about where I can research this type of job.

Sharon sharten@ties.k12.mn.us