Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sandy in Ohio

Posted by Bobbie on 1/10/99 at 00:00 (003226)

Hi! I am Bobbie in Washington State. Welcome aboard. We all waddle around and understand what you are going through. I have not found a pair of shoes that works for me. Find I have to change into different ones as the day progresses to change the pressure points. I have tried most everything there is and haven't found much relief yet but I wont stop until I do. Best of luck from a fellow PF sufferer.

Re: Sandy in Ohio

Sandy in Ohio on 1/11/99 at 00:00 (003256)

Thank you Bobbie for your response. I can't believe how much support there is through the board. I look forward to it and have gotten many tips and have learned more through this than from my podiatrist. Just knowing we're not alone helps. My family knows I'm in pain, but they really don't understand. You are the second person who advised changing shoes throughout the day. I will seriously take that into consideration, what do I have to loose? (maybe pain!)

Sandy in Utah on 1/11/99 at 00:00 (003275)

Hi Sandy in Ohio, I am Sandy in Utah! (And I live in Sandy Utah!
Down the board a ways, a women has suggested that what you wear today will affect how your feet feel tomorrow. I think that changing shoes is a fabulous idea, be sure they are good shoes an not 'cheepies' that are not made well. I have also tried boots part of the day, sneakers such as Avia, Reeboks and Nikes the other part of the day. Don't wear sandals, they have no support. I don't think anyone can understand this pain unless they experience it. Kinda like explaining labor pains to a man. (Though my husband has been very sympathetic to both!) Hang in there and keep trying. I opted for surgery and am having very good luck. If you want info, let me know and I'll post my e-mail address.

Sandy in Ohio on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003374)

Thank you Sandy in Utah! From what I have read and in talking to my Doctor, surgery is not a good idea. But you had surgery and success! That's terrific. Any advice you can give is welcomed. That's why I check this board. It's great. I definitely do not buy 'cheap' shoes. I've had problems with my feet most of my life because I grew up on 'cheap' shoes. Now I have this pf which doesn't help much.
My e-mail address is (email removed). Others welcomed.