Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fellow suffers PLEASE help

Posted by roy on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003309)

My name is roy please help and e-mail me your information about your pf so i can gather some infoabout other peoples struggles with this painful condition to help me with my disability.

Re: Fellow suffers PLEASE help

Joyce on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003313)

Roy:

Saw your post and just had to write you. I have also been suffering with PF since last October. That was when it first became unbearable anyway.

I have been to the Dr. without much success. He made some inserts for my shoes and told me to buy Nike Air a full size larger than what I normally wear. This has helped alot, but I get so tired of wearing the same shoes. There is not a Birck store near me, so I keep trying to keep the pain down. I am taking Vitamin C and Advil for my pain right now.

I am glad to have found this site, lots of information to check out. I read the new postings every night.

Take care. Joyce

Suzy on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003314)

Roy, THe best thing to do is read back through the postings. Scott has put together a great summary of PF in the home page as well. We all suffer with the same and some diffrent problems and try all kinds of things that work for some and not others. What problems are you haveing and has anything helped you yet?
good luck and be patient with it.
SUzy

Re: Fellow suffers PLEASE help -

alex on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003332)

Welcome to the club, Roy. Although our cases are all individual, we have an enormous amount in common. Being able to share our pain, and to learn what has (and, more commonly) has not worked for others is very useful and therapeutic.
I've noticed that we males are very much in a minority on this message board - I'm not sure whether that is a commentary on the gender distribution of PF sufferers, or on the gender distribution of internet message board users.
Anyway, good luck - and do take some time to read the postings here - you may well get some good ideas - I know that I have.

ossatron on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003360)

checkout healthtronics.com or orthotripsy.com

Dayna on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003410)

The best advice is to

1) go back and read some of the old posts, they go back a long way so just do a few at a time.
2) come back each day and read the new posts.
3) keep us informed, tell us what your pain is like, where is it, when does it flare up, what doctors have you seen, what have they said, what impact is it having on your normal activities, etc.
4) know that we all care, you can come here and complain, rant and rave, whine, vent, SCREAM, express your fears and frustrations, know that we all understand and no one here will think any less of you for feeling what you feel.
5) tell us what works and what doesn't, we're all looking for ideas of things to try, what works for some doesn't work for others and vice versa.

Sharon H on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003449)

I still find that rolling your foot on a frozen water bottle while sitting at the computer seems to help a lot. I still have to go look at Birks. I had Naots before and I think they hurt my feet more so I willing to try anything. Lots of people recommend Tony Grady at http://www.shoetree.com

Orie on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003586)

Roy: Please read my post 'Heel Spurs' on 12/28/98 for the help you are looking for.