Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Megan

Posted by Bobbie on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003326)

Sometimes when I am feeling really bad I have to check out this message board because I know everyone here truly understands and can relate to the pain. There are days I just want to bawl my eyes out because of the pain and frustration. Then I have a good day and wonder why I was so upset. It is just so strange that you can have good and bad days. So far the only thing that truly works for me is staying off my feet. Now if I could just figure out how to work at my job and do that I would have it made. Anyway, stay in touch, at least we can vent our frustrations on this message board.

Matt on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003348)

I too thank all of you on this site. I am new, but already have been blessed. My greatest frustration is with running. I am in the military and must maintain a standard of physical fitness. I feel I don't have time to be patient and let this go away in a year or so. Any advice?

Dayna on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003414)

Isn't the military wonderful? Passing the Army APFT without running is nearly impossible, even boogieing walking really fast you can't always make it in the time allotted, and if we could boogie really fast walking we wouldn't have PF. Have you tried getting a dispensation/exemption from that part of the test, are you full-time or reserve. I know reserve people who have to take a day off of work every 30 days to get reexamined at the VA because an exemption only lasts 30 days. Let us know what happens, try other aerobic activities such as bicycling or low-weight high-rep as fast as you can weightlifting to get you out of breath and cardio-pumping. You CAN adapt and overcome, AHua!