Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Active Release Technique

Posted by Kathy on 1/12/99 at 00:00 (003328)

Back in the middle of December there were a few postings on Active Release Technique. I was wondering if there have been some good results from this. Also does anyone know of someone in the Harrisburg, Pa area that performs this technique. Also looking for a good acupunturist in this area. After seeing my podiatrist and going through PT without any results, I want to check into other alternatives. Thank-you, Kathy

Re: Active Release

Shaira on 8/18/98 at 16:22 (001358)

I went over to that site (www.chaseclinic.com) and Ruth is right, the site has some problems, but what I want to know is What Is Active Release and Why does it help pf????

Also, Ruth, how long did you have pf? and how long ago did you have this Active Release procedure done? And do you feel ANY pain at all in your heels, foot, arch...etc. And where WAS your pf? what part of your foot, or all over..?

Thanks! If you reply to the message board I'm sure it will help all of us.

Re: Active Release Technique

Ruth Morrow on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003334)

Kathy,
There are very few Active Release (ART) practitioners (they are chiropractors). I had my PF treated by Dr. Joe Leahy in Los Gatos, CA (408) 358-7900. His brother, Dr. Mike Leahy, is in Colorado and he has a book with a list of all people trained in ART. His # is (719) 473-7000. I know one person who had ART from someone in Fullerton, CA that was not successful, but the treatment she received did not sound like the treatment I received; my inference is that chiropractors, even those trained in ART, are just like any other doctors: some are great, some are duds.

By the way, when I went to Dr.J. Leahy I couldn't put down my foot and was walking on my toe. After one treatment I could walk normally, although it took about 8 sessions to get rid of the PF completely. He also tells me that he can treat tarsal tunnel with ART (as well as carpal tunnel). Best of luck.

Nadine on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003354)

Hi Kathy,

NOt only did I find this message board, but someone in my area that can share the same things. I am in the Hershey area, and have only gone to an orthopedic surgeon. My insurance is with Pinnacle, but I am going to look and see what is out there. I did hear of a great podiatrist in the area, but maybe he isn't the answer. Glad to know you are here..Nadine

ossatron on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003355)

I recommend you contact 'suzI', see next page '8 week Ossatron...', she has tried both. Good luck

Re: Active Release Technique- Thanks Ruth

Kathy on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003383)

Ruth, Thanks so much for Dr. Leahy's phone #. There is a person in the Harrisburg area that does ART. I have an appt. next Wednesday. I hope I have the same results as you did. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again
Kathy

Re: Active Release Technique-Nadine

Kathy on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003384)

Nadine, What a surprise to find someone in the Harrisburg area. I have been going through several different things since July. I would love to compare notes sometime. Send me an E-Mail at (email removed) Talk to you soon. Kathy

Kathy on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003385)

I was also wondering if Barbara had any success with ART. In her past post she was going to the DR. Leahy in Calif. Have you heard anything from her?

Ruth Morrow on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003395)

I haven't heard from Barbara. Maybe if she reads this she'll let us know how it went. Ruth

vicki atkinson on 1/16/99 at 00:00 (003522)

I am looking for any additional treatment before having the dreaded surgery, and i have been reading the message board and i am interested in this active release technique, exactly what is it and what is involved can anyone please explain? thank you vicki

Kathy on 1/16/99 at 00:00 (003531)

Vicki, On 12-18-98 Sallie Adams left message #2743. In this message she talks about Active Release Technique. I have an appointment on Wed. Jan. 20th with a doctor that performs this technique. I have high hopes but time will tell I guess. I'll keep you posted. Good Luck to you. Kathy